Fans and critics agree, MULTI-PLATINUM, 2X GRAMMY nominees THOMPSON SQUARE have created a true “work of art” (Sounds Like Nashville) with their third studio album, MASTERPIECE.
Debuting at #3 on the influential iTunes Country Albums chart, MASTERPIECE marks the duo’s first full-length LP in more than five years as married couple Keifer and Shawna Thompson mix carefree fun with deeply-personal themes. Digging into a family life which now includes their young son, Cooper, the project has been hailed by a wide range of critical tastemakers just one week after its long-awaited launch.
• “Their catalogue is filled with songs about relationships at every stage, and this album continues the trend, from the beginning of a relationship (‘Let’s Do Something Stupid’) to one that could be risky (‘Up in Smoke’).” – The Washington Post
• “’Masterpiece’ has all the musical elements of a Country classic.” – Billboard
• “The couple’s triumphant return finds the duo at the top of their game, with their distinct harmonies sounding tighter than ever.” – One Country
• “…it feels like you just pulled the slingshot back and when you release Masterpiece, fans are going get hit with the exact Thompson Square album they’ve been hoping would come!” – Ty Bentli– Ty, Kelly & Chuck Mornings
• “A work of art in itself … Masterpiece marks a triumphant return for the Country duo.” – Sounds Like Nashville
Keifer and Shawna also took their MASTERPIECE to network TV, chatting about the album’s inspiration on Fox & Friends and performing standout tracks like “A Love Like This” and “Good Day” as part of the national broadcast’s All-American Summer Concert Series. The Hallmark Channel also featured the duo for a sit-down interview on Home & Family.
Following up, THOMPSON SQUARE made a series of fun filled release-week appearances during Nashville’s CMA Fest, including a pop-up show at Legends Corner, the 2018 Concert for Love and Acceptance at Wildhorse Saloon, and a Spotify-programmed concert at Ole Red – plus their super-sophisticated Masterpiece at the Museum fan-club party, held at the Frist Art Museum.
Available everywhere now, MASTERPIECE includes 11 brand-new tracks and finds the chart topping Country duo looking for inspiration in their own fairytale romance – a love story that is still being written and now includes the birth of a son named Cooper. As the couple continue to perfect their acclaimed vocal blend, the album also explores new sounds like soulful R&B, laid-back reggae and thundering hard rock.
Download or stream Thompson Square’s MASTERPIECE in its entirety here.