THE CADILLAC THREE
bottles their amplified live show vibe and Southern-to-the-core sensibilities into their forthcoming album LEGACY
(Big Machine Records). The trio served as sole producers and musicians – aside from one song featuring Lori McKenna background vocals – across the 11 tracks. Ahead of the worldwide release on August 25
, NPR First Listen offers an exclusive stream now: http://www.npr.org/2017/08/17/541699560/first-listen-the-cadillac-three-legacy.
Esteemed journalist Jewly Hight assesses, “This may seem like an odd thing to say of a band fronted by one of the more successful songwriters in Nashville, but there’s actually something that contributes even more to the distinctive identity of Cadillac Three albums than the songs themselves, and that’s feel.”
Destined to leave a mark, LEGACY is bold, yet, fitting for the Music City born-and-bred friends: Jaren Johnston, (Guitar & Lead Vocals), Kelby Ray (Lap Steel Guitar) and Neil Mason (Drums, Percussion & Vocals). From their boundary-pushing albums, GRAMMY®-nominated songwriting, sold-out club shows, massive festival gigs alongside acts like Aerosmith to tours with Eric Church and Florida Georgia Line, TC3 continue to soak up diverse influences. “For The Cadillac Three, it’s all about hitting the sweet spot between leanness and brawn, swagger and craft,” reflects NPR Music. When they take the stage of Nashville’s historic Ryman Auditorium on August 31 for the first time as headliners, they’ll be a reminder of not only the iconic voices that have graced the venue but that TC3’s hometown really does help create the history of music across the world and generations.
Their honest and gritty approach has established not only critics’ approval, but a global fan following. Impacting radio in the UK and UK, “Johnston delivers the amiably jocular hook over a sludgy, straight-ahead pattern from Mason and Ray, and embroiders the chorus with a cascading guitar figure that accents the off beats,” offers NPR Music on the lead single “Dang If We Didn’t.” Another track, “American Slang,” has already been A listed at Planet Rock. TC3 heads back to Europe for their headline LONG HAIR DON’T CARE TOUR with Brothers Osborne and Broken Witt Rebels opening.
LEGACY Track List:
1. “Cadillacin’” – Jaren Johnston, Neil Mason
2. “Tennessee” – Jaren Johnston
3. “Hank & Jesus” – Jaren Johnston, Neil Mason, Angelo Petraglia
4. “Dang If We Didn’t” – Jaren Johnston, Neil Mason, Jonathan Singleton
5. “Ain’t That Country” – Jaren Johnston, Neil Mason, James Slater
6. “American Slang” – Jaren Johnston, Neil Mason, Lori McKenna
7. “Take Me To The Bottom” – Jaren Johnston
8. “Long Hair Don’t Care” – Jaren Johnston, Neil Mason, Angelo Petraglia
9. “Love Me Like Liquor” (featuring Lori McKenna) – Jaren Johnston, Neil Mason, Lori McKenna
10. “Demolition Man” – Jaren Johnston, Neil Mason, Angelo Petraglia
11. “Legacy” – Jaren Johnston, Ben Burgess, Laura Veltz