There are no summertime blues for breakout country star Michael Ray, even when he sings about the “One That Got Away” in his brand new single. The upbeat tune tied for most-added at country radio upon impact and in just two weeks has earned support approaching 40 stations. An immediate fan favorite from his sophomore album Amos, available now, “One That Got Away” was penned by Nashville hit-makers Josh Osborne, Matthew Ramsey, Trevor Rosen and Jesse Frasure. The “bouncy, mid-tempo outing with loads of hooks” (MusicRow) turns a typical relationship story on its head and has been declared “irresistible” (Sounds Like Nashville).
“Sometimes you get in that moment and you’re like, ‘This person might be out of my league a little bit, but for whatever reason, they’re into me, so I’m just gonna roll with it. It might backfire and they might break my heart, but it’s gonna be one hell of a story in the end,’” Ray said. “One of the things that I like to do when I listen to music in the summertime is to take the roof off my Jeep and just cruise somewhere, and this song just gave me that feeling of one of the songs you can crank up before you head to the show. It puts you in that mood to create the rest of the night.”
With its sing-along chorus, “One That Got Away” has quickly become a staple in his sets. Ray performed the song last month on Good Morning America and continues to bring it to fair and festival crowds across the nation. The track is one of 11 featured on Amos, which debuted in the Top 3 on the Billboard Country Albums Chart upon release and boasts nearly 60,000 album equivalents to date. The recording artist and entertainer also hit Ellen to celebrate the launch of the well-received record and was welcomed as “one of the fastest-rising stars in country music.”
Amos received its title from Ray’s grandfather of the same name, whose passion for music inspired the album. It was his invitation to play with the family band from the time Ray was just nine years old that ultimately shaped him into the musician and man he is today.
Amos Track Listing with songwriters:
- “Fan Girl” (Matt Jenkins/Brad Tursi/Josh Osborne)
- “One That Got Away” (Josh Osborne/Matthew Ramsey/Trevor Rosen/Jesse Frasure)
- “Summer Water” (Heather Morgan/Lee Thomas Miller)
- “Get To You” (Abe Stoklasa/Pavel Dovgalyuk)
- “Forget About It” (Luke Laird/Jaren Johnston)
- “Her World Or Mine” (Brett Beavers/Jamie Paulin/Travis Denning)
- “You’re On” (Chase McGill/Jessi Alexander/Matt Jenkins)
- “I’m Gonna Miss You” (Corey Crowder/Matt McGinn)
- “Dancing Forever” (Ross Copperman/Shane McAnally/Matt Ramsey/Trevor Rosen)
- “Girl From Spring Break” (Ben Hayslip/Emily Weisband/ Rhett Akins)
- “Drink One For Me” (Josh Thompson/Jimmy Robbins/Jon Nite)